Kimera Forum : Phorum 5
Schreibt rein was euch stört, was euch gefällt, was besser sein könnte, wie es besser wäre, usw..
ACHTUNG! Aus gegebenem Anlass (Spam) müsst ihr euch jetzt leider registrieren um in unser Forum zu posten!
Wir wollen nicht wissen, WER postet, sondern nur verhindern dass sogenannte Spam-Bots (Programme, die automatisch ihre Texte in Foren eintragen) Zugang erhalten.
Uns interessiert auch eure E-Mail-Adresse nicht, sie wird weder weitergegeben, noch öffentlich zugänglich gemacht, sondern dient nur zur Verifizierung des Accounts, den ihr jederzeit selbst wieder löschen könnt.

Für den LESEZUGRIFF ist allerdings nach wie vor KEINE REGISTRIERUNG NOTWENDIG.

Danke für euer Verständnis
The fastest message board....ever.
z, a 12th round pick of the Blue Jays in
Posted by: miaowang123 (IP Logged)
Date: October 23, 2019 09:58AM

Boiled down to its very essence, mixed martial arts is a battle of wills. When the octagon door shuts, two fighters compete to see who can impose theirs, while simultaneously breaking their opponents. All the technical gifts in the world will only take you so far if you dont have the mental strength to weather the storm when things go south. However, the source of an athletes fortitude is always unique to the individual. For Randa Markos, her attitude towards fighting is both tragic and inspirational. Following a childhood characterized by abuse at the hands of her alcoholic father, the Iraqi-Canadians mantra is clearly stated: "If my father couldnt break me, no one can." During an interview in downtown Toronto, Markos said she hopes to be an example for people who are forced to live in violent households. "There were many times where I thought, I want to end my life. Its only me going through this, but there are a lot of people like that," said Markos. "I wish I could go back and tell myself, Dont worry; its going to get better. Lifes not always going to be this way." "Thats the message I want to give out to everyone. Thats why I want to tell my story. Its why I am who I am today, because of the way I was raised. But I took it and turned it into a positive." Markos will be featured on The Ultimate Fighter: Pettis vs. Melendez, which debuts Sept. 10. The upcoming season of the popular reality series features a cast of womens strawweight fighters. The winner will be crowned the inaugural UFC 115-pound champion. Though she now has the opportunity to make her dream of winning UFC gold a reality, her road to the worlds largest MMA organization was filled with hardships. FLEEING THE MIDDLE EAST Born in Iraq, Markos was only three years old when her family fled the country in the late 80s, during its conflict with Iran. A solider in the Iraqi military, Markos father feared for his life when the members of his unit were killed. After arriving in Turkey, the family was held at gunpoint and imprisoned because they didnt have proper identification. Markos was too young to remember most of the ordeal, but has clear memories of the sweltering room where she was detained. As she and her siblings grew up ? she has two brothers and a sister ? her parents began telling stories of their struggle to make it to Canada. "Theres one that my mom told me that really shocked me ? Ill never forget it," Markos began. "When we were trying to escape from the Middle East, we ended up being held hostage with seven other young men in their early 20s. They started taking care of me, my sister and my mom, getting us food and clothing. "When they called us all out ... they only called out the men. They didnt call us. So my mom thought they were going to kill us, or send us back to (Iraq). So she was freaking out. She kept saying, Why didnt you call my name? They were like, Just be quiet. Then they took all the men, lined them all up in front of her and shot them all." Following their brush with death, Markos family was released after her parents pleaded their intention to move to Canada, where they would eventually settle down in Windsor, Ont. NEW LIFE IN CANADA Though they had now left a war zone behind, Markos mother and siblings were not free from violence and terror. Harbouring guilt from the deaths of his fellow soldiers, Markos father found solace in the bottle. Struggling with his own personal demons, he began to physically lash out at his loved ones. "Because he was in the army and how he was brought up, it kind of mentally messed him up," Markos said. "You know, witnessing everyone he was with just die in front of him. He was a very attached kind of person. He would stay behind and, though the people were dead, he would hold them and bury them. "So mentally, it really triggered something. When we came to Canada, he became really abusive. He got into alcohol. All of our memories, every Christmas was ruined, every holiday was ruined. That was our whole childhood." As a result of the regular violence at home, Markos often considered running away, but always opted to stay for the sake of her mother ? even if it meant fearing for her own life. "One time, I really thought he was going to kill me," Markos said. "It was 1 a.m. and I think he had just gambled (and lost) a bunch of money. He just wanted to take it out on someone and I was awake. He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me into the hallway. I thought then that my life was over ? this is it. My brother came up behind him and bashed him over the head with a hairdryer, then he finally let go." After years of suffering both physical and mental abuse, Markos finally began to stand up to her father. Initially, this meant calling the police so he could spend the night in jail. However, she was soon forced to resort to physical retaliation. Markos vividly remembers the first time she fought back. "The first time I ever stood up to him, he was about to attack my mom," she said. "I grabbed a chair and pinned him up against the wall. He was like, What the hell? What are you doing? I just said, Dont ever touch her again. You just went insane. He was shocked. My brothers and my sister were shocked, too, because nobody had ever stood up to him. He hated my guts ever since then, but I didnt care. I just kept doing it." FINDING AN ESCAPE With her home life in turmoil, Markos soon discovered a constructive outlet for all her negative energy ? high school wrestling. Not only was it an opportunity to apply her mind to one of the worlds oldest martial arts, it offered the kind of warm and accepting atmosphere lacking in her home life. Of course, in order to make practice she also had to lie to her father, telling him she had joined the volleyball team. "When I got there, it just felt like such a family environment," Markos said. "No matter what was going on in my house, I would go into the gym, leave everything at the door and just be happy for an hour or two hours. My coaches were like father figures to me. Everyone else were like brothers and sisters. "We just had so much fun learning and getting better at wrestling, especially at competitions. When you did well, you would feel good about yourself ? you accomplished something. It just felt good. It was nice to have somewhere to go when everything else was so messed up." As fate would have it, Markos would also meet her future husband, Jeff Thomas, on her wrestling team. Friends during high school, they bumped into each other years later at the Tim Hortons where Markos worked. The two began dating soon after. "(My first impression was) just that I didnt want to lose to her," said Thomas, who admitted Markos would eventually get the better of him on the mat. "Our coach always said, Oh, you better not lose to a girl, and joke around. She was really good, too. It was hard. We were probably in the same weight class and I would try not to lose to her. "I always had a crush on her through wrestling. It never really came out until after, when we met a couple years after high school. We started talking and I told her I had a crush on her the whole time, but didnt know how to approach her." INTRODUCTION TO MMA Following high school, Markos was left without an avenue to continue wrestling.This understandably left a void in her life. Wrestling had helped her through so many rough patches, but it was now no longer an option. It wasnt until she had begun dating Thomas that she was introduced to Brazilian jiu jitsu, kickboxing and MMA. After seeing him compete in person, she knew shed found a new passion. "I first got into jiu jitsu and it reminded me of wrestling so much," Markos said. "When I finished off wrestling, I wasnt satisfied with how far I took it. I wanted to get out of Windsor and continue with it, see how far I could take it, but I wasnt allowed to leave the city. "When I saw jiu jitsu, it was so similar ... to wrestling. I thought, Lets see how far I can take this sport. Thats when I got into it. My coaches were like, Man, you can take this pretty far. So then I watched him fight and was like, Thats what Im going to do." It didnt take long for Markos to set her sight on the big time. Initially, she aimed to land a fight in Invicta FC, but admitted a UFC contract was always her long-term goal. However, getting noticed proved more difficult than she anticipated. TURNING PRO After assembling an impressive 7-1 amateur record in MMA, Markos decided to go pro in order to secure more fights after a number of opponents fell through. However, this did little to help the problem. It wasnt until she netted a submission win over Allanna Jones in late 2012 in her professional debut that consistent bout offers came across her plate. After going 4-1 as a professional, she now has the opportunity to showcase her skills to a wide audience as a cast member on TUF. Markos said she hopes to use the UFC platform to spread a positive message to those who are struggling with abuse. "It would be nice to hear, I went through the same thing. I took your advice, made it into a positive thing for myself and followed my dreams," said Markos. "Thats want I want to hear, especially from women. I was raised in a family where doing what I do was completely embarrassing and disgusting. You know, Im a woman and Im doing that when I should be getting married and having kids. Were just as good as anybody else. "Just because were Middle Eastern doesnt mean that our options are limited. We have all the options in the world. We just have to step outside of the box theyve created for us and follow our dreams." FAMILY LIFE TODAY Markos dad now lives by himself, away from the rest of his family. While her siblings have opted to essentially distance themselves from their father, she still visits him regularly. Though hes never shown contrition for his actions ? and Markos has never forgiven him ? she refuses to turn her back on her roots. Shes worked hard to make a better life for herself, but sometimes negative influences can yield positive results. "I dont forgive him for the things that hes done, but hes still my father," Markos said. "Hes been through a lot of stuff in his life. Youve got to be a pretty strong person to overcome all that stuff and come out of it normal. "We stopped him from continuing what he was doing. We got him out of our house and to allow us to live a normal life. Thats all we wanted, but we still care about him. We still love him. My family doesnt really visit him, but I want him to know that we still care about him, even though hes made some bad decisions and done some bad stuff. Hes still my dad." Lou Williams Clippers Jersey . - Maynor Figueroa headed in a late goal to give Honduras a 1-1 draw with the United States in an international friendly Tuesday. Maurice Harkless Clippers Jersey . 1 Pete Sampras. Speaking ahead of an exhibition match against Andre Agassi in London on March 3, Sampras said on a conference call Wednesday that he is impressed by Federers longevity. https://www.clipperslockerroom.com/Angel-Delgado-City-Edition-Jersey/ .com) - Damian Lillard poured in 40 points on 11-of-21 shooting to go along with 11 assists, and the Portland Trail Blazers stunned the Oklahoma City Thunder, 115-111, in overtime on Tuesday. JaMychal Green Clippers Jersey . Now, he might be their hottest pitcher. Lobstein earned up his first major league victory Sunday night, allowing one run in 5 2-3 innings in the Tigers 6-1 win over the San Francisco Giants. Mfiondu Kabengele Jersey . Louis Blues are reportedly taking restricted free agent forward Vladimir Sobotka to arbitration.ST. PETERSBURG, Florida ? All things considered, an MRIs diagnosis of what the Blue Jays are calling "mild inflammation" of Jose Reyes left hamstring is the best result for which the player and club could have hoped. "It is a relief. Thats good news," said Reyes. "Just showed some inflammation there, no damage at all. Just need some rest, should be fine and back to play." If Reyes misses only the next 15 days, the minimum required length of his disabled list stint, the Blue Jays dodge a bullet and in more than one way. Reyes comes back at the soonest possible time and the club isnt left to wonder if it was a foolish idea to bring its star shortstop to Montreal. "We wouldnt have put him out there if we didnt feel confident," said manager John Gibbons. "He had a few days off, figured it was a minor thing, gotta test it sooner or later, right? He came out of the game feeling good. He even tested it on the back field before he left, so yeah. Its one of those things that happen." "We did some tests, I passed those tests," Reyes said in defence of the decision to play at Olympic Stadium. "I was able to play through it like that. I played through it those two games there. I dont want to say I feel great, but I feel okay to play and then I come here (Monday,) feel better than I did in Montreal and you see what happened. Hamstrings are tricky, man." Reyes is eligible to return from the disabled list on April 16, when the Jays are scheduled to conclude a three-game series in Minneapolis, the sixth game of a nine-game trip to visit the Orioles, Twins and Indians. The 30-year-old admits to frustration, wanting nothing more than to play a full season healthy after a severely sprained left ankle cost him 66 games last year, Reyes first as a Blue Jay. Playing on Astroturf is a challenge on players bodies, the Blue Jays will on 91 occasions out of 162 games, but Reyes says he cant worry about it. Hes powerless to change his home stadiums surface. "The turf is going to be there, thats ourr home so I have to deal with it," said Reyes.dddddddddddd "Find a routine so I can stay on the field and play for this team." Jonathan Diaz, a 12th round pick of the Blue Jays in 2006 who returned to the franchise in the offseason, will take Reyes roster spot for the time being. Generously listed at 59", Diaz isnt in town to replace Reyes. Hed best be described as an all-glove, no-bat player. When he plays, hell hit at the bottom of the order. Others were considered for the call up, like cult-hero Munenori Kawasaki and second baseman Chris Getz, but general manager Alex Anthopoulos and Gibbons are prioritizing defence and dont believe they lose much with a Diaz-Ryan Goins middle infield. "Hes the best shortstop we got out there," said Gibbons. "Hes really good out there." Diaz gets first Big League hit It was a long time coming for Jonathan Diaz. His fourth inning, two-out single was the first hit of his major league career. He also got his first career RBI on the play. The single scored Brett Lawrie, widening the Blue Jays lead to 4-0 over the Rays at the time. Santos at home in closers role Its easy to forget the Blue Jays acquired Sergio Santos before the 2012 season to be their closer. Santos has spent two injury-plagued seasons with Toronto and watched as Casey Janssen took to the closers role. Now, with Janssen on the disabled list nursing an abdominal strain, Santos has the opportunity to remind everyone hes up to the job. "Any time an opportunity is presented to you, you want to make the most of it," said Santos. "Thats all I want to do. I want to come in, you know if I get a couple of opportunities at that ninth inning role, come in, throw strikes and get the job done. Hopefully, I can build off of that and who knows what can happen?" Santos had a career-high 30 saves for the White Sox in 2011. He has only three saves in a Blue Jays uniform and has recorded the last out of a ballgame only ten times during his tenure in Toronto. ' ' '

Subject Views Written By Posted
z, a 12th round pick of the Blue Jays in 53 miaowang123 10/23/19 09:58AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.