Kimera Forum : Phorum 5
Schreibt rein was euch stört, was euch gefällt, was besser sein könnte, wie es besser wäre, usw..
ACHTUNG! Aus gegebenem Anlass (Spam) müsst ihr euch jetzt leider registrieren um in unser Forum zu posten!
Wir wollen nicht wissen, WER postet, sondern nur verhindern dass sogenannte Spam-Bots (Programme, die automatisch ihre Texte in Foren eintragen) Zugang erhalten.
Uns interessiert auch eure E-Mail-Adresse nicht, sie wird weder weitergegeben, noch öffentlich zugänglich gemacht, sondern dient nur zur Verifizierung des Accounts, den ihr jederzeit selbst wieder löschen könnt.

Für den LESEZUGRIFF ist allerdings nach wie vor KEINE REGISTRIERUNG NOTWENDIG.

Danke für euer Verständnis
The fastest message board....ever.
What could this Crimson
Posted by: laiyongcai92 (IP Logged)
Date: May 30, 2019 08:57AM

What could this Crimson Tide safety bring to Tampa Bay?"Any team as bad against the pass as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were last season is bound to be targeting improvement in the secondary as a priority in the off-season.We?ve already seen the team sign one free-agent defensive back in Kentrell Brice from the Green Bay Packers. This coupled with word the team is looking at moving second-year player M.J. Stewart to safety in 2019 means the Bucs have two more safeties on the roster than they did entering the off-season this January.Alabama safety Deionte Thompson is one of the top guys in his group entering this year?s draft and could very well hear his name called on the first day of the NFL Draft. However Ryan Jensen Jersey White , if he?s still around on day two, the Buccaneers could certainly give him a long look before deciding on who they ultimately select in the second round.So, before we get there, let?s take a look at the Crimson Tide defensive back ourselves. Deionte Thompson?s CareerWe?ve already established Thompson played for the Alabama Crimson Tide. The SEC juggernaut is well known for being a NFL factory and the Bucs currently enjoy the spoils of having one ?Bama product on the roster in the form of O.J. Howard.In his three seasons of action, Thompson appeared in 29 games including 14 in 2018 and tallied three interceptions in his career in Tuscaloosa.If you?re thinking Thompson?s career is a little underwhelming for an Alabama defender, you?re correct. However, it?s important to remember you?re feeling that way because he?s an Alabama defender.Due to the talent he was following in Alabama, Thompson didn?t get substantial playing time until this last season. In his one year opportunity, he became a Consensus All-American and finished fifth in the SEC with three forced fumbles.Showing the talent his school has become known for, Thompson entered the NFL Draft after the season, and while some will wish he?d gone back for another year to develop and show even more there is no denying he has talent to succeed at the next level right now.ProsPlays with the aggressiveness coaches like Todd Bowles and Bruce Arians target in young players. Good in pass coverage and solid against the run. Physical, but smart in his play taking good angles against runs and consistently showing intelligence while in pursuit.Solid interception and forced fumble numbers display his desire and ability to get turnovers while his experience on special teams shows grit and the willingness to earn every snap he takes.With the right coaching and usage, will become a solid NFL starter within three years.ConsHits harder than his body type is likely able to handle for long periods of time against NFL competition.While he tracks the ball well in the air and is relatively good at reading a quarterback, smarter veterans will be able to manipulate him early on moving him out of position and opening up potential for big plays.One real year of college experience as a starting safety is worrisome, and will cause his stock to dip below the normal range of most All-American Alabama safeties.Doesn?t look like a guy you can install on day one as an every down starter at the safety position, so he?ll need to be used within specific parameters as he learns how to become a complete NFL defender.Why The Buccaneers Need HimSome will say fans of the Alabama Crimson Tide are spoiled and entitled. And some are, I?m sure. However, the players seem to be mostly humble men who appreciate opportunities and work hard to make the most of them. Most, anyway.Thompson was a four-star recruit out of high school, so he had plenty of offers to go to colleges and likely even had promises of starting from day one to a few. He chose to go to Alabama and scrap his way to a starting role.Bottom line is, this is a guy who is ready and willing to be an underdog. He may even enjoy it.The Bucs are the ultimate underdog. Back-to-back 5-11 seasons saw their coaching staff fired, star receiver traded and two fan favorite ?heart? players leave in free-agency.If there was one position group in the debacle of coach Dirk Koetter?s last two years which was the most responsible for the fall, it was likely the secondary.Any defensive back joining this group is going to be underestimated and down-right doubted. The group needs talent. Justin Evans is good, but battle injury and inconsistency in 2018. Stewart is new. Brice is new and was a back-up in Green Bay (not known for defense either). Isaiah Johnson has shown some flashes of being a solid contributor, but doesn?t appear ready for a starting role.There?s an obvious need, and with coach Bowles? history of using many safeties, there may be room for one more. Will It Happen?It may be a little anti-climactic, but I?m going to put a ?maybe? on this one. Tampa Bay could certainly use help in the safety group. But they need help elsewhere too, and from the way I project things going in the draft, there are going to be players more talented at their positions of need for the Bucs than Thompson is at his.But - and this may surprise some of you - the NFL Draft seldomly goes the way I predict it to. So http://www.buccaneerslockerroom.com/authentic-demar-dotson-jersey , if there is a run on linemen, edge defenders or cornerbacks earlier than expected, Thompson could be the most talented guy left on the board on day two when Jason Licht gets his first crack at making a pick.If this is the case, then Thompson would be an easy pick with a high probability of success. Earlier in the off-season, he was projected as the top safety in the class. Now, more and more he?s being moved to day two. NFL.com?s Daniel Jeremiah doesn?t even have him in his Top-50 at the moment.So it appears likely the Bucs will have their chance to grab him if they want him. All rise for the honorable Judge Yarcho. Court is now in session.You may be seated. It is time to hear from the defense and prosecution regarding case number 93, the Nation of Bucs vs. Gerald McCoy.Gentlemen, I don?t envy you your job. There are people outside this courthouse on both sides of the fence. Some believe in the case of the prosecution, others the defense. The time has come to settle this once and for all. We will hear first from the prosecution, stating their case to the city as to why it is time to move on from Mr. McCoy for the betterment of the Buccaneers. Mr. Harrison, you have the floor;*David Harrison*?The Buccaneers should not keep Gerald McCoy. As I outlined in my ?Bang for their Bucs? series, he simply didn?t live up to his salary, and I highly doubt he?s going to be willing to accept a pay cut in 2019.That being said, he?s too expensive and just doesn?t bring enough to the table. I like him. I really do. But the fact he?s got the ?quickest get-off? in the league just isn?t scaring anyone. If the Bucs move to a 3-4 base, there?s even less reason to keep him.Freeing up money earmarked for him in 2019 gives Jason Licht and Bruce Arians more flexibility in free-agency, and with Vita Vea?s development over the 2018 season, it makes sense to give him a shot at taking hold of the defensive center.Tampa Bay finally had a double-digit sack leader after 12 seasons without one. It wasn?t McCoy.The Bucs haven?t had a double-digit win season since 2010, the same year McCoy was drafted. He is literally the only member of the 2010 roster still playing in Tampa Bay. He has yet to be a part of getting this team double-digit wins since, and there?s no reason to believe he will be now.?Thank you, Mr. Harrison. Mr. Winter, please, present your case.*Evan Winter*?No, the Bucs should not keep Gerald McCoy - unless he is willing to take a major pay cut.There is too much defensive talent in the draft and there is enough in FA to supplant the loss of McCoy. While the Bucs would lose an excellent player and someone who offenses routinely account for, he is just too expensive for a cap-strapped Tampa Bay squad. The Bucs will also likely move to a 3-4 base on defense, which means he?d likely move to DE in the scheme. Again, a $13.5 million hit is way too much, especially when you consider the fact that only three 3-4 DEs make more than that amount.McCoy is one of my favorite players, I own his jersey, but I just don?t see how he fits into Tampa Bay?s plans for 2019 and beyond.? And, finally http://www.buccaneerslockerroom.com/authentic-warren-sapp-jersey , Mr. Salvarezza. Please, state your case for the court.*Alex Salvarezza*?I would not keep Gerald McCoy at the current price tag of $13 million for next season. The production just simply doesn?t match up to the cap hit anymore. I?ve been the biggest McCoy supporter over the years, but I think the time has come for both to go their separate ways. The Buccaneers could use that $13 million on several different areas that they currently lack on both sides of the ball including the offensive line and the secondary. Now, one can argue that cutting McCoy would create another hole on the defensive line, but with the stacked defensive line class in the 2019 draft *cough cough Ed Oliver*, I don?t think that should be a main concern. If McCoy is willing to take a pay cut, I?m all for keeping him, but to me, it?s just time.?Thank you, gentlemen. Now, we have two strong cases for the defense, beginning with Mr. Adams. Mr. Adams, you have the floor.*Bailey Adams* ?I?m personally struggling with the idea of the Bucs letting Gerald McCoy go. I understand the potential reasons behind it. The cap hit of $13 million is a big one, and if new defensive coordinator Todd Bowles wants to run with a 3-4 base, that cap hit becomes even more difficult to justify. In terms of whether he fits in with a scheme change, here?s what McCoy had to say:I do believe that McCoy would be productive in any scheme. He is a good football player, despite what his detractors have been saying about him for years. On top of that, cutting a guy like him would open up yet another hole on a roster that is already full of them. The defense itself is already needing upgrades/additions at linebacker and in the secondary. The team would also be smart to add an edge rusher or two. That?s without getting into the need for upgrades on the other side of the ball.So, having to replace McCoy on top of all of that? I?m just not feeling it. In an ideal situation, the Bucs would be able to get the veteran to restructure his contract. If anyone would agree to it, wouldn?t it be Gerald McCoy? The guy just wants to finally win some games, and it seems like he wants to do that in Tampa with the Buccaneers. But even if he won?t restructure, I?m sticking with him. I realize that?s an unpopular opinion these days, but to me, the cons of cutting him outweigh the pros.?Very interesting, Mr. Adams. Very interesting indeed. Finally, Mr. Marchant.*Jon Marchant*Tampa Bay should keep McCoy if they can. Pushing a restructuring of his contract could be risky, but McCoy is still a good player. As long as he doesn?t want a change of scenery to an immediate contender, the Bucs should have a chance to retain him, and they should try to do so. The key here is the new coaching staff. The Bucs have largely wasted McCoy?s career Adarius Glanton Jersey , but it?s not too late to get meaningful snaps out of him. If they can use him correctly, putting him in better position to make plays, he can still be the centerpiece of a very good unit. As always, they still need more talent around him. After Mike Smith was fired and Mark Duffner was promoted to defensive coordinator the Bucs? adjusted sack rate climbed much higher. McCoy was still disruptive even if he didn?t rack up numbers, and it was clear opponents were still game-planning around him. However, the pass rush still wasn?t where it needs to be if Tampa Bay wants to go deep in the playoffs. One more top-flight edge rusher to pair with Jason Pierre-Paul would be ideal, plus depth that can actually stay healthy. If opponents are going to continue to double-team McCoy Tampa Bay needs the players that can consistently make opponents pay for it. The last part here that tips the scales to keeping McCoy is that the Bucs still have numerous holes to fill, especially on defense, and will be learning new schemes on both sides of the ball. The soon-to-be 31-year old may not be an elite tackle anymore and his time with Tampa Bay may be coming to an end sooner or later. And he may or may not have been the type of leader the team needed for all these years, but he?s still very good and very valuable on the field. Simply put, even at 31 players like McCoy don?t come around very often, and replacing him would be much harder than it seems. He?s the type of talent Tampa Bay can?t afford to lose just yet.?Thank you, Mr. Marchant.That was compelling stuff, gentlemen. It seems all of you would be on the same side should Mr. McCoy be willing to work for less money. Unfortunately, that is not something the court foresees happening.Mr. McCoy has been a bright light in a decade of darkness around One Buc. One of the few players fans can consistently hang their hat on and be proud of. One of the few players opposing teams - and their fans - audibly discuss fearing. No matter how you personally feel about him, there is no questioning the impact he had both on the field and within the community.His play was top level, his smile infectious, and his status within the walls of the locker room was among the highest we?ve seen in this century. Honestly, he reminds me of Lee Roy Selmon a little - an incredible player on bad team after bad team, but never without a smile or a helping hand.Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. Every sports fan knows that. They know that at some point, their favorite players or the most impactful players can?t quite get the job done anymore and it?s time to move on. Is that Gerald McCoy? Can he not do it anymore? On that, I don?t know.As far as this case, it is the court?s decision to rule in favor of the prosecution. The money is no longer justifiable and without a restructuring, it is in the Buccaneers? best interest to wish Mr. McCoy the best of luck for the remaining years of his career. If a trade is an option, do him a solid. Give him his choice of the teams interested in his services or send him to a team that will contend in 2019. It?s the right thing to do.Court is adjourned.

Subject Views Written By Posted
What could this Crimson 78 laiyongcai92 05/30/19 08:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.